Wednesday, September 21, 2005

coffee no. 9

The other day I was in one of the clubs in my city. Friends of mine met there their acquaintances and we were sitting together. I was chatting with a very friendly woman whom I'd just met. She was very excited because that day she discovered that the picture made by herself had been sold in a gallery. It was the first painting of hers that she'd ever sold. We started to talk about that gallery of art and I was describing her the picture I'd seen there several days ago. I was really delighted by it but unfortunately it was incerdibly expensive. If I only had had enough money, I would have bought it within a second. So I was describing her that painting for about ten minutes and when I finished she was so taken aback that she couldn't say a word. After several seconds of silence she said: "That was my picture, entitled SWEETS. They sold it today". We were surprised and very happy. I met the author of the most fantastic modern picture I've seen lately and she was proud that her art invoked so many feelings in the other person. It was a very magic day for both of us.
Eventually, she promised to paint another version of "Sweets" especially for me.