Monday, June 05, 2006

coffee no. 81

Years ago I watched a documentary about spies and men a la James Bond. The one scene was so impressive that I still remember it, unfortunately not as precisely as I would like to.
There was a big, long storage, or something like this, with great amount of shelves. On each shelf there were lots of jars -- it looked like a pantry full of jams, stewed fruit, etc. The jars however were filled with pieces of brown cloth... It was said that that way the scents of various people were stored and such smell (in sterile conditions) could last even 20 to 30 years.
Sometimes I think that it would be really wonderful to own such a collection of the most beloved scents in my world. The scents of men I loved, friends, places... -- by and large all the important memories. When I was feeling like "smell" some memories, I would open one or another jar and breath the aroma in, closing my eyes.

I have got two tiny bottles of perfume that are really precious for me. The first one which I was given many years ago had been brought from Tunisia. Inside a very decorative bottle there is a wonderfully smelling oil, prepared especially for me. The fragrance is unique and very exotic.
The second one I was given around a year ago. This perfume is based on a 16th century pot pourri and it's simply gorgeous. I smell it almost every day, but used only once. If I found it, I would buy the big bottle of it and would never dispense with.
These two aromas are kind of "magic potion" for me. Hard to find but giving the big power.