Wednesday, June 28, 2006

coffee no. 88

The big shopping centre in my city is the place where a lot of people meet for dates. I think it is the weirdest idea in the world to sit in the middle of this whole chaos and eat melting ice cream from the one cup. Some couples apparently like this, considering those cafes as stylish and fashionable. No matter.
In front of the building, near the entrance, one can always see a few men, waiting for their women with flowers (yes, one-single-red-rose, of course). In this place there is also a bin where from time to time some of those flowers end up. I do not know why but stood up amants hardly ever put the roses upside down (what, in my opinion, could be more logical). This way the bin look like a big public vase -- the grotesque symbol of unrequited love.

Such a view always breaks my heart.