Sunday, October 01, 2006

coffee no. 107

I admire people who remember in detail the books they read or the films they watched years ago. They are able to describe the whole plot, to list the names, to quote some sentences, ect. For me such a thing has always been a big problem, even if I was completely concentrated on the novel or film. I have had difficulty explaining this to the others till yesterday when I read the interview with some Polish actor. He told that he never remembers the "work" itself, but its atmosphere, colors, smell... And it was some kind of "Eureka" for me. The most important film in my life is associated with the white winter morning, the Jim Jarmusch's films taste of vanilla, the wonderful novel about wonderful dogs always moves me to the green sofa and the "Death in Venice" smells like cinnamon...
The AURA of those pieces will last forever.