Sunday, November 27, 2005

coffee no. 33


I am scared of old photos and I love them as well. Very strange. In my favourite cafe there are a lot of almost one hundred year old pictures on the walls. They were probably bought on the flea marked and nobody can tell who the photographed people were. I adore staring at them, especially at night, trying to imagine these men and women alive. What did they like, were they happy, had their dreams come true?...
A couple of days ago I read an article about a man who all his life has been working in the funeral company. He also makes the medallions (I do not know if it is a proper word - I mean people's photos on china, placed on graves). That man told that his collaborator who died recently could read from the photos the medallions were made from. He could tell many things what was the dead like. And predominantly he was right. I am very curious what would he have told about the photos in the cafe if he had seen them. And also about this one I place here. It hangs over my friend's bed and always arouses fear in myself. The bride's eyes are so strange...