Friday, November 17, 2006

coffee no. 115

Today when I was running to the cafe, I noticed that the new bookstore has been opened near the city centre. I am that kind of person who could not come out from such a shop with empty hands, so, bearing in mind that a couple of days ago I spent a lot of money for a wonderful album about Symbolists, I decided to pass the shop by and visit it next week. But suddenly I stopped in front of the small window because my eyes saw something really important inside. There was a shelf with Moleskine notebooks! All of them -- large and small, plain and ruled, reporter and diary. All of them! I was gazing like a child in front of the shop with candies or toys, and I was sure to be back there tomorrow.
When I think about it now, I am still very happy that at last there would not be a problem for me to buy a new Moleskine. On the other hand, something changed, even ended -- I can simply go to the shop and buy what I want. Just like any other thing. Without waiting...
I remember the time when I dreamt of having the Moleskine notebook. And I remember the day when I was given it by surprise.
Maybe it is sad, maybe only melancholic, but probably I will always associate Moleskine notebooks with a present. When you buy it on your own, it is only half a magic.
Tomorrow I am going to buy the Moleskine diary 2007.